Bagore Ki Haveli, Udaipur

An amalgamation of Rajput royalty and immaculate glory, the Bagor ki Haveli since the 18th century has been a place of eternal beauty. It was built by Shri Amar Chand Badwa, the Prime Minister of Mewar between 1751 and 1778, during the reign of Maharana Pratap Singh II, Raj Singh II, Ari Singh and Hamir Singh. After his death the haveli was given to Maharaja of Bagore, who incorporated three stories to the main structure.

bagore ki haveli (3)          bagore ki haveli (4)

The haveli is situated at Gangaur Ghat adorned by the side of Lake Pichola, which provides a stupendous view.  For 50 years the haveli was left vacant which led to deterioration and in 1986, the building was handed over to the West Zone Cultural Centre (WZCC). They renovated it and turned it into a haveli cum museum. This haveli presents the expert craftsmanship of delicate carvings and excellent glass work. It has in total 138 rooms, adorned by several balconies and terraces. The museum conserves the mural paintings, the costumes and displays various exclusive stuff of Rajput royalty like jewellary boxes, dice-games, hukkas, pan boxes, nut crackers, hand fans, rose water sprinklers and other royal items.

The interior attraction of the haveli complies of intricate and fine mirror work, with royal ladies quarters, the bath rooms, dressing rooms, worship rooms etc. The haveli holds evening programmes of dance and song shows that highlights the rich Rajasthani tradition to its viewers.